Pre and Post Surgical Rehabilitation
Unfortunately, at times a surgical intervention is needed to help get us back to a place of wellness. If and when that time comes we are here for you! We frequently develop pre-operative strengthening programs to maximize your outcomes after a Hip or knee replacement. It is best to begin 2-3 months prior to your scheduled surgery to achieve best results. Having your muscles be strong and flexible prior to surgery allow for an easier post-surgical rehabilitation.
Following any surgery, you can have a loss of range of motion, decreased strength, pain, and limited scar mobility. All can lead to a decrease in your ability to function and perform activities of your daily routine, let alone returning to physical performance goals you may have. Let us help you get back to life as soon as possible!
Wissahickon PT is a referral destination trusted by many top physicians and surgeons in the Philadelphia and surrounding suburbs and we work closely with them to ensure all precautions and protocols they have for your specific surgery are followed.
A few common conditions we frequently treat include:
- Shoulder replacement or Rotator cuff Repairs
- Shoulder dislocations and Labral repairs
- Knee and Hip Replacements
- Meniscal Repair surgeries
- ACL/ MCL and other ligament repair surgeries
- Quadriceps tendon repair
- Post External Fixator fracture surgeries
- Achilles tendon repair
- Carpel Tunnel Release and other Hand surgeries
- Spinal Surgeries for Stenosis, Herniated discs and Nerve impingement